Sunday, September 19, 2010

Final: Packers 34 - Bills 7

For what looked like a so-so first half, the Green Bay Packers kicked it up a notch in the second half to beat back the Buffalo Bills 34-7 in the Lambeau Field regular season home opener. The offense started to click and the defense really shut down what little offense the Bills might muster.

LB Clay Matthews, again, put huge pressure on the opposing quarterback. The Packers secondary totally took WR Lee Evans out of the game. They also didn't allow the Bills' running game to do any significant damage.

Whatever the butt-kicking was that Packers' head coach Mike McCarthy might have done at halftime certainly did the trick.

Very glad to have this first home win of the 2010 season, with more to follow!

Will provide more review and comment later today or tomorrow. But my fingers are blistered from the furious Tweeting I was doing throughout the game. Get on board. Click the "Follow Me on Twitter" button in the righthand column.

Oh, my pre-game prediction...how'd I do? Well, as loyal readers are aware (because I keep reminding them), I had the score of last week's game right on the money, calling it 27-20 for the Packers (of course!). Today, I had called this 34-13 in favor of the Packers. For the second week in a row, I called the Packers score exactly. I'm even starting to scare myself! OK, I can be kept humble because I gave the Bills more credit than they were due in the form of 6 extra points.

Sorry about that. I'll try to do better next week. When, of course, the Pack takes on Da Bearz who, courtesy of the officials' gift they received last week vs. Detroit and their upset win today in Dallas over the 'boys, are tied with the Packers at 2-0. That Monday night game will be a biggie. We'll talk more about that game as it gets closer.

For now, kick back and enjoy your favorite beverage of whatever variety. It's great to be 2-0! Go Pack Go11!