Of more interest to Packer fans is who the team kept on the roster. Here is the roster as of now (subject to ongoing change, of course):
- QUARTERBACK (2): Aaron Rodgers and B.J. Coleman
- RUNNING BACK (3): Eddie Lacy, Johnathan Franklin, James Starks
- FULLBACK (1): John Kuhn
- WIDE RECEIVER (5): Randall Cobb, James Jones, Jordy Nelson, Jarrett Boykin, Jeremy Ross
- TIGHT END (4): Jermichael Finley, Brandon Bostick, Andrew Quarless, Ryan Taylor
- OFFENSIVE LINEMAN (8): David Bakhtiari, Josh Sitton, Evan Dietrich-Smith, T.J. Lang, Don Barclay, Marshall Newhouse, Lane Taylor, Greg Van Roten
- DEFENSIVE LINEMAN (8): B.J. Raji, Ryan Pickett, C.J. Wilson, Josh Boyd, Mike Daniels, Johnny Jolly, Datone Jones, Mike Neal
- OUTSIDE LINEBACKER (4): Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Andy Mulumba, Nate Palmer
- INSIDE LINEBACKER (5): A.J. Hawk, Brad Jones, Sam Barrington, Robert Francois, Jamari Lattimore
- CORNERBACK (6): Sam Shields, Tramon Williams, Jarrett Bush, Casey Hayward, Micah Hyde, Davon House
- SAFETY (4): Morgan Burnett, Jerron McMillian, M.D. Jennings, Chris Banjo
- KICKER (1): Mason Crosby
- PUNTER (1): Tim Masthay
- LONG SNAPPER (1): Brett Goode
For those of you who voted in one of our recent polls as to who you'd prefer to be QB Aaron Rodgers back up, sorry, Vince Young didn't make the cut. He also Tweeted out a thanks to Packer fans.
One of the surprises, perhaps, was the release of Alex Green in favor of James Starks. The season-ending injury to DuJuan Harris -- whom head coach Mike McCarthy had big plans for in this offense -- changed the dynamics of the backfield decisions. But the tweaking might still not be done. The Packers brought in RB/KR Joe McKnight at the end of the week for a workout.
We don't have the practice squad players. And no doubt, GM Ted Thompson isn't done yet.