Saturday, April 05, 2008

Brett says "Nyet"

Remember that story on Thursday from the LA Times (as I said at the time, folks, it was LA) which said that Brett's agent was quietly shopping around to see if any teams were interested in Brett playing for them? Not only did Brett's agent deny it at the time, but on Friday Brett told Peter King of Sports Illustrated, "That's the last thing I'm thinking about." Further, Brett said, "I have no idea where that came from, but it certainly didn't come from me. I'm happy about my decision and I haven't once said, 'I wonder if I made the wrong decision.' I know it's the right one."

Brett had a few other comments as well, which you can read for yourself here.

While acknowledging that "anything could happen" in regards to a possible return, "Ninety-nine percent of what he (Brett) said in a 20-minute conversation was very much about football being in the rearview mirror," writes King. So don't be looking for Brett this fall on the football field...other than to see his number retired at Lambeau.